Monday, November 8, 2010

TV Tag

While in daycare we started to play the outdoor game  T.V. Tag.  I, personally, remember loving this game.  As a slow toddler that was my kind of game, unless I was "IT."

We started the game by everybody gathering around and doing a quick round of "Bubblegum, bubblegum in a dish."  Whoever won got to pick who was going to be "it."  This was when I would hind behind an older/ taller kid and hope not to be picked.

After  "IT" was picked everybody would run around like a bunch of Banshee's.  To avoid being tagged you just had to yell out the name of a television show.  Then "it"  would have to find somebody else to go after.  The only rule that I remember is that you had to say a different show name each time you were about to get tagged.  I think this rule came about because somebody, who was or wasn't me, would yell out "Flintstones" every time.  We were nice and when "it" would get tired or just plain didn't want to be "it" anymore we would just start over.

I don't remember there being any point to this game.  I also haven't played since I was about 8, I just remember it being fun and learning new names of shows, just so I would be able to use them for the next time we played.  Does anybody else remember playing this game?

No comments:

Post a Comment