Thursday, January 27, 2011

Redundant

Okay, let us talk about Jim Carrey.  I'll admit when I was a kid I thought that he was a comic genius and was the funniest man alive.  Now that I'm older, and the fact that Ace Ventura: Pet Detective is on cable almost every weekend now.  (Why?  I have no idea)  I come to find that most of his performances back when I was a child were almost identical to each other. 

Lets go back to Batman Forever.  To be quite honest I was so excited for him to play the Riddler.  The Riddler was one of my favorite villains.  My uncle even bought me a movie poster, I remember being all giddy about being able to see the movie in the theater.  Even back then I was quite disappointed with his performance, it seemed to "Ace Ventura" to me.  The way he moved and how he delivered some of his lines, it just seemed like I was just watching Jim Carrey being Ace Ventura, but with bright red hair and a retarded green question mark suit.


I'm not a Jim Carrey hater or anything.  I like plenty of other movies he did.  I still laugh my butt off during the mental hospital scene of Ace Ventura: Pet Detective.  I guess I was just upset on how he could take an awesome villain like the Riddler and make him another Ace.

No comments:

Post a Comment